People hooked on Harry Potter stories know that this fairy-tale character and his wizard fellows love to drink butterbeer. It turns out that this beverage really exists, and it was found in the days of the Tudors (royal family of England). Butterbeer was considered a signature recipe of monarchs. We’ll look over a few popular ways of its making (soft and alcoholic)
Butterberr is Harry Potter’s favorite beverage which consists of ice cream, milk, and sweeteners. In the classic version it is soft, because it’s prepared mainly for children, but there are recipes that turn this cocktail into a low-alcohol beverage.
Popular butterbeer recipes:
1. Soft beverage (traditional non alcoholic).
• Milk – 0.3 gl/1 liter
• Premium ice cream– 1.3 lbs/600 grams
• Caramel sauce – 50 ml
The Recipe: whip all ingredients with a blender until a homogenous thick mass.
Milk and ice cream can be bought in a store, but it is not easy to get caramel sauce. Therefore, I recommend to cook it at home following this recipe:
1. Mix 100 ml of water and 3.5 oz/100 grams of sugar.
2. Put the mixture on medium heat and vaporize a third.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of cream with high fat content, 0.5 teaspoons of salt, a pinch of black pepper and ground cinnamon.
4. Boil the sauce over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
5. Allow it to cool down to room temperature.
Caramel sauce for butterbeer is ready.
2. Butterbeer with alcohol (for adults). Add gin or rum to the butterbeer prepared following the first recipe. The proportions can vary depending on the desired strength. The beauty of these two recipes is that you can be make both soft beverage for children and then add alcohol.
3. Butterbeer with alcohol recipe Nr.2 (special).
• Unfiltered beer (el) – 0.1 gl/0.5 liters
• Eggs – 2 pieces
• Butter – 1.5 tsp
• Dairy cream (10% fat) – 250 ml
• Sugar – 3 tbsp
• Cloves, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon – to taste.
1. Beat the eggs with the sugar.
2. Heat the beer over medium heat (must not boil) and add the spices.
3. Pour the beaten eggs with the sugar into the warm beer in a thin stream.
4. The mixture should be stirred continuously, without letting it boil.
5. Melt the butter and add it to the beer mixture.
6. Boil the beverage for 5 minutes.
7. Pour dairy cream in, heat again, and stir it.
Before serving prepared butterbeer should infuse for 15-20 minutes and cool.
4. Butterbeer Recipe from Google chefs.
Employees of the world famous company drink butterbeer too, but they prepare it following their own nonalcoholic recipe.
• Coca-Cola (vanilla or cherry soda) – 500 ml
• Salted butter –1 tbsp
• Toffees – 3.5 oz/100 grams
• Dairy cream (10% fat) – 50 ml
• Pumpkin puree – 1 tbsp
• Salt, ground black pepper – to your taste.
1. Melt toffees and butter in a water bath.
2. When the mixture is smooth, add the pumpkin puree, cream, and spices.
3. Cool the mixture to room temperature.
4. Heat the soda in a microwave, it should be slightly warm.
5. Add soda to the mixture prepared previously.
6. Pour butter beer in glasses and serve it.