- Sea buckthorn berries – 1 kilos
- Vodka – 2 liters
- Sugar – at your discretion
- Put sorted sea buckthorn berries in a container and fill it up to 2/3 of its volume. Fill the container with vodka to the brim and leave it in a warm place for 3 months.
- After this, pour the vodka infused with sea buckthorns into another clean container and squeeze the berries.
- Now put the container into a fridge and let the liquid settle. This is necessary for the fatty fraction to surface. This process takes about 3 days. Filter the settled vodka a few times until its crystal clear.
- Dilute the filtered sea buckthorn to the desired ABV level (usually it’s 30%).
- Dissolve sugar in the alcoholic drink to taste or replace it with honey. After this, leave the infusion in a fridge for another month.
- If the liquid becomes cloudy filter it one more time.
Healing Sea Buckthorn Infusion
This homemade healing sea buckthorn infusion is traditionally used only medicinally.
- Sea buckthorn berries – 400 grams
- Lemon zest – 150 grams
- Dill and caraway seeds
- Vodka – 1.5 liter
- Sort out the sea buckthorn berries, rinse them with tap water and lay them on a towel to let them dry out. Then crush the berries so that they start giving out the juice.
- Grate lemon peel on a large grater and mix the zest with the crushed sea buckthorns. Add dill and caraway seeds.
- Mix the ingredients in a container and then pour them over with vodka. Leave the container for 2 weeks of fermentation. After this, add the same amount of healing herbs to the container and let it ferment for another week.
- Filter the prepared infusion several times using cheesecloth and cotton wool—the liquid should become crystal clear. Bottle the infusion and store for a year in a cool place.
Homemade Sea Buckthorn Infusion with Vodka or Ethanol and Walnut Septum
- Sea buckthorn (slightly frozen) – 1 kilo
- Vodka or ethanol (50%) – 2 liters
- Walnut partitions – 2 tbsp
- Sugar or honey – to taste
- Put walnut partitions in a container and pour over with vodka or ethanol to the brim. Leave the container in a warm place and infuse for a week.
- Concurrently put the sorted out and washed sea buckthorn berries in another container and fill it with the same amount of vodka. Place the container next to the first one with the partitions.
- After a week, mix the sea buckthorn and walnut infusions, filter the mixture until it’s crystal clear, and leave it in the same place for 2-3 weeks.
- After this, filter the infusion if need be, add sugar or honey to taste.
- Bottle for storing in a fridge. You can drink this sea buckthorn infusion when feeling sick or during festivities.
Sea Buckthorn Infusion with Brandy
- Sea buckthorn juice – 250 ml
- 30% cream – 250 ml
- 1 jar of high-quality condensed milk
- Brandy – 700 ml (or high-quality cognac).
- Sort out, wash, and juice sea buckthorn berries to obtain 250 ml of juice.
- Mix juice, condensed milk, cream, and brandy in a blender.
- Pour the liquid in a container and infuse in a cool place for a week. Store the sea buckthorn infusion in a fridge for no longer than 3 months.