Orange Peel Vodka “Orangello”
- Ethanol 96% – 500 ml
- Oranges – 1 kg
- Sugar – 350 gr
- Water – 900 ml
Citrus and alcohol go together very well. Citrus fruits give out a very pleasant and mild taste, and that’s exactly why they are often added to the contents of alcohol beverages. There are several orange vodka recipes which are very popular among liquor connoisseurs. Both orange peel and pulp can be used to make this fragrant citrus beverage.
Orange and Honey Vodka
This recipe allows making homemade orange vodka from orange pulp without the peel.
- 5 liters of alcohol – vodka, moonshine or 45% ethanol
- 2 large oranges
- 150 ml of fragrant liquid honey
- Cut washed oranges with peel intact into small pieces about 5 cm each. Remove seeds as they may add unwanted bitterness.
- Dissolve honey in 500 ml of alcohol in a separate glass container.
- Put the orange pieces and dissolved honey into a 3-liter jar. Pour them over with the remaining alcohol.
- Leave the jar in a cool dark place for a week. During this time shake the jar a few times every day.
- 7 days later filter the infusion and leave it in cold for another 4 days.
- Decant the drink, filter it once again and consume chilled or in cocktails.
Orange Ginger Vodka
Adding ginger gives beverage an unparalleled taste and pleasant aroma.
- Fresh or dried orange peel – 400 gr
- Vodka – 2.5 liters
- Ginger root – 25 gr
- Cut the ginger root into small pieces and put them along with orange peel into a glass jar. Then pour the contents with vodka.
- Let the mixture infuse in a dark place for 2 weeks and then decant it by filtering through several layers of cheesecloth.
- Let the beverage infuse for another 4 days, filter it once more, and then bottle it.
- Keep the glass bottles with orange ginger vodka in a fridge or cellar.
Orange Infusion with Coffee
If exotic drinks appeal to you this infusion will definitely hit close to home for you.
- 20 sugar cubes
- High-quality coffee – 15 beans
- Cinnamon – 3 sticks
- Vodka or moonshine – 500 ml
- 1 average-sized orange
Fragrant Orange Coffee Infusion Recipe
- Put sugar, cinnamon, and coffee into a glass jar.
- Wash the orange and pierce it through in several places with a thin knitting needle or a large needle and then also put it into the jar.
- Pour in vodka or ethanol, stir, and seal the jar. Leave the jar in a cold place away from direct sunlight.
- Orange vodka should infuse for 5-8 days. During this time period shake the jar from time to time.
- After that filter the infusion through a cheesecloth and cotton wool filter.
Eventually, you’ll end up with an alcoholic beverage with Cointreau liqueur’s taste and hints of coffee.
Vodka from Orange and Lemon Peels Recipe
That’s another orange peel vodka recipe which will add a delicious beverage to your fridge.
- 45% ethanol
- Ginger – 20 grams
- 3 average-sized oranges
- Sugar – 100 grams
- 1 lemon
- Pour over the lemon and oranges with boiling water. Peel them without touching the white bitter pulp.
- Cut the peels and ginger root into small pieces. Put them into a clean 2-liter jar.
- Dissolve sugar in half of the ethanol portion in a separate container, stir, and pour into the jar along with the remaining alcohol.
- Seal the jar and leave it in a dark place for a week.
- After a week filter the infusion. You might have to filter the liquid several times.
Store the orange lemon vodka in a fridge. You can add it to coffee to make a delicious. fragrant and refreshing beverage.